Insider Software Privacy Policies
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to Insider Software (hereinafter referred to as “Insider”). In the course of serving our customers we gather certain types of information about the users of Insider Software's sites, products, and services, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct or change it.
1. Information Tracked by Insider
Insider Software gathers three types of information about users:
- Data that you provide through optional, voluntary registrations prior to downloading demonstration software or trial period
- Data that you voluntarily provide to Insider to process the purchase of products and/or services and/or to fully register you
- Data that Insider gathers through aggregating tracking information derived primarily by tallying page views throughout our website
Such information enables us to better tailor our content to visitor's needs and provide better address your needs.
2. How Insider Gathers Information
Insider Software gathers user information in the following processes:
- Purchasing a product or service - Our order forms contain the minimum information required to successfully process a credit card transaction and register the user with Insider to receive technical support and other customer benefits detailed below.All sensitive information including credit card numbers are always collected via a secure server implementing SSL to prevent unauthorized access during transmission of the data. Insider collects all sensitive information including credit card numbers via a secure server implementing SSL to prevent unauthorized access during transmission of the data.
- Note that Insider does not store credit card information.
- Registering a product or service - Customers may purchase Insider's products and services from a variety of sources. In the event a purchase was not made directly from Insider Software, the customer must provide registration information to be eligible for technical support and other benefits as detailed below.
- Submitting an information form - Users may request Technical Support and Customer Support via email through numerous support forms. The user's correct email address is required for Insider support representatives to reply to such requests.
- Downloading a demo - Insider may request a user's name and email address prior to downloading a demonstration version or trial of our software or service. Providing this information is voluntary.
- Visiting our website - Insider asks your Internet browser to set a "cookie" on your system. A cookie file can contain personal information such as a user ID, but the only personal data a cookie can contain is data you supply yourself. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
- If you've set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, you will receive the warning message with each cookie
3. Use of the Information
Insider Software uses any information voluntarily given to process a sales transaction, register you, and improve your experience at our websites.
- Processing a sales transaction - Certain information is required to successfully process purchase transactions. Insider follows industry-standard specifications for storing and processing all sales transaction records.
- Registering a customer - We automatically register all users who purchase software or services from Insider's secure order server. This entitles you to receive technical support based on the particular product's or service's support policies. In addition, you are informed, usually via email, of special promotions, software product or service updates and upgrades, and new products and services.Your registration information is also used to locate your records in our database and you regarding urgent matters.
- Submitting an information form - Your correct email address is required for Insider support representatives to reply your requests.
- Improving our website experience - Insider uses tracking information to determine which areas of our sites are of interest to visitors based on traffic to those areas. Insider does not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better web site for you.
4. Sharing of the Information
We do not share information about individual users with any third party wihtout your consent..
Insider will cooperate with all legitimate local, state, national, and international law enforcement agencies and provide any information ordered by a legal warrant or official request.
Insider will cooperate with its established credit card payment services and pursue convictions for all fraudulent credit card transactions entered on Insider's secure servers. We will provide information as requested by the credit card payment service to settle any customer disputes pertaining to charges made to the user's credit card by Insider.
5. Opt-Out Policy
Insider gives users the option to suppress all but critical communications pertinent to their account with us.
To be removed from all special promotions, software product or service updates and upgrades, and new product or service announcements, you can:
- Send an email from the account to be removed with the solitary word 'REMOVE' in the subject and addressed to email@example.com
- Call our office during normal business hours and request to be removed. For authentication, we will send an email to the address. We must receive a reply confirming the removal before the email address will be removed
- Send a letter including the email address to be removed to:
Insider Software, Inc.
ATTN: Privacy Dept.
Insider Software Inc.
PO Box 190
San Jose, CA 95103-0190
For authentication, we will send an email to the address. We must receive a reply confirming the removal before the email address will be removed.
Insider does not offer users a means by which to completely delete personal information established at the time of registration.
6. Correct/Update Policy
Insider offers users the ability to correct or change the information collected during registration. Users may change this information at any time and as often as necessary by following the 'Opt-out Policy' procedures.
Users who are experiencing problems or who have any questions about how our services work can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org